What questions should you ask before hiring a domestic cleaner? We have gathered 5 things to focus on when deciding on the right housekeeper for your home.
- Your needs: A domestic cleaner will not automatically know what you need done in your home, so make sure you have a clear plan in mind. Discuss any extra requirements such as window cleaning, polishing wooden blinds or applying leather protectant to furniture.
- Qualifications: Ask about their specific set of skills and experience – for example, do they usually clean apartments or large homes, are they used to cleaning homes which house a large family?
- Knowledge: Many homes have surfaces such as granite, stainless steel and marble which can be damaged if they are not cleaned correctly. Before hiring a cleaner, ask how they intend to clean any surfaces or items in your home that require special care
- Schedules: Can your housekeeper come at a time that is mutually acceptable to you both? Are they able to be flexible in case your needs change?
- Cleaning Supplies: Most cleaning services will supply their own cleaning products, so it is important to know what they will be using. Are they environmentally friendly or harsh chemicals? How is their equipment serviced and cleaned in between homes?